HONORS, AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award
University of Central Florida (2016)
- Jim Jammal Annual Lecture, April 2015. Invited Speaker. Topic: Does the Water Table Speak to us about Sinkholes?
- Inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society in April 2013 as a Distinguished Faculty
- Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award
University of Central Florida (2012)
- CECE Corporate Affiliate Board’s Gold Star Award for Faculty Excellence,
Builders of the Realm, October 2011
- 2010 University of Central Florida, Excellence in Professional Service Award
- Gold Apple Award (by the CECE students) for Outstanding Teaching, November 2009.
- 2009 Certificate of Commendation for Faculty Advisor, American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, VA.
- 2009 CECE Department Excellence in Professional Service Award, Nov. 2009
- 2009 CECE Department Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, Nov. 2009
- Gold Apple Award (by the CECE students) for Outstanding Teaching, November 2008.
- 2008 CECE Department Excellence in Professional Service Award, Nov, 2008
- Gold Apple Award (by the CECE students) for Outstanding Teaching, November 2007.
- 2007 CEE Department Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award.
- 2007 Region 5 Faculty Advisor of the Year Award, American Society of Civil Engineers, Committee on Student Activities Ð EXCEED Program
- Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award,University of Central Florida (2006-07)
- 2003-2004 ASCE East-Central Branch, Outstanding Teacher of the Year.
- 2003-2004 Chi Epsilon Excellence in Teaching Award for the Southern District. Chi Epsilon – Civil Engineering Honors Society
- 2003 Tau Beta Pi Professor of the Year, CEE
- Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award University of Central Florida (2002)
- 2002 Engineering Faculty of the Year Florida Engineering Society, FES Annual Meeting, August 2002
- 2001 Excellence in Environmental Engineering (shared with 4 others) American Association of Environmental Engineers Washington, DC.
- Gold Quality Dollar Award for Continual Improvement, 2001 NASA Ð Kennedy Space Center, Florida.
- University Excellence in Faculty Advising, 2001 University of Central Florida
- Engineer of the Year 2000, Central Florida 2000 National Engineers Week
- Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award State of Florida (1996)
- Excellence in Faculty Advising, 1998 College of Engineering, University of Central Florida
- Engineering Professor of the Year, 1998 Tau Beta Pi – Delta Chapter, College of Engineering, University of Central Florida.
- Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 1997, University of Central Florida
- Undergraduate Teacher of the Year, 1996-97 Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Central Florida.
- Engineering Professor of the Year, 1997 and 1996 Chi Epsilon, National Civil Engineering Honors Society, 1995
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARLY ACTIVITIES
- Fellow of the Wessex Institute of Technology, United Kingdom.
- Member of the Organizing Committee for the 10th International Conference on Hydroscience and Engineering (ICHE) in Orlando, November 4-9, 2012.
- Travelled to Jordan on three occasions (1999-2002) to collaborate on research in water and solid waste issues funded by the National Science Foundation.
- Invited Speaker and International Presentations –
- “Pervious Pavement Systems”, ASCE Annual Low Impact Design Conference, (Invited), Seattle, WA, November 18, 2008.
- “Stability of Slopes of Municipal Solid Waste Landfills with Co-disposal of Biosolids”, (Invited) Geo-Environment and Landscape Evolution II, Rhodes, Greece, June 2006.
- “Green Pavements – Feasibility and Performance of Pervious Concrete Pavements”, India 2006, The International Perspective on Environmental and Water Resources Conference, New Delhi, December 2006.
- “Dynamic Response of Embedded Circular Foundations using a Poroelastic BEM”, (Invited) Ninth Conference of the International Association for Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics (IACMAG), Wuhan, China, November, 1997.
- Member, Transportation Research Board (TRB) Project Panel E21-06, Corrosion in the Soil Environment – Soil Resistivity Measurements, 1999-00.
- Member, TRB Project Panel 24-11, Specifications for Geofoam as Lightweight Fill, 1997-2010.
- Member, TRB Project Panel 24-13, Tensioned Systems in Geotechnical Applications, 1997-present.
- Member of Committee 522 of the American Concrete Institute dealing with Pervious Concrete Pavements.
- Reviewer for Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE and Journal of Geotechnical, Geomechanical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE and International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics.
- Reviewer for the journal “Water”
- Reviewer for Transportation Research Board Journal
- Reviewer for International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering.
- Reviewer for the 9th Conference of the International Association for Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, Wuhan, China.
- Received the NASA Certificates of Honor for Contributions to Technical Briefs and for Submission of Patent through NASA.
- Recognized by the UCF Board of Trustees for NASA Research project and AAEE award, January 23, 2003.